Friday, November 7, 2008

Looking for owners!

I bought a 1984 Frers designed sloop in Ft. Laurdale. (dbrowneiii ). There were 4  of these built in Taiwan, to Frers plans M 787. (@gmail.com). I located one other by chance in the harbor in Sydney. With this blog, we have located another in Dubai. There was another for sale in Ft. Lauderdale that I tried to follow, but the new owner dropped it from the USCG list and I lost track of it. It was named Polaris, had a USCG Doc # 1045812 and a hull # FJB 481061285. There are also rumors of one in Spain, and another may be in Friesland Martijn, Netherlands, name "Happy Medicine". Some of this cannot be true! We would like to get in contact with the other owners, so we can swap stories and tell lies about our boats! If you know anything that can help us in this quest, please email me at the address imbedded in the text above! (Its an attempt at keeping out spam!) Thanks! Terry
I also have another blog site: http://www.wingscruising.com/ It chronicles our adventures while sailing around the world.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have the 4th Frers 48 Its lying in Dubai under total 6 yr refit
Jonathan Greedy
00-971506564007
jonathan_greedy@hotmail.com

ericvanduyn said...

hi guys, we are currently trying to buy one lying on a river in Southern Portugal

She has different windows = only opening portholes

Can anyone tell us what to watch out for or be aware of please.

Appreciate any input and experience

Eric@d-carbon.com
+3623520340
skype = dutchsterling

Eric

Anonymous said...

I sailed a frers 48 that was bought in Hong Kong in the beginning of the '90 and shipped to the Netherlands. It is now named Happy Medicine (owned by a former pharmasist). As far as I know it is still in Friesland
Martijn

harrydevries1@gmail.com said...

Hi,
I'm the proud and happy owner of a Frers 48 named Happy Medicine.
Regards,
Harry
harrydevries1@gmail.com